The Financial Operations Specialist is responsible for the successful management of operational finance activities across all benefits products to ensure exceptional client and participant experiences. This role works with key stakeholders to deliver quality projects and outcomes within the specified timeline and defined scope.
- Provides daily oversight of timely payment and reimbursement activities to participants and clients
- Oversees the processes for stop payments, voids, ACH returns and necessary payment reissues
- Manages the daily and monthly COBRA funding activities, including daily deposits, reconciliations, premium transfers and participant refunds
- Provides guidance and oversight in response to escalated client or participant issues and proactively informs Leadership and Operations of complications and resolutions
- Recommends problem resolution and process improvements as driven by client requirements and feedback while considering the organization’s policies and strategic priorities
- Ensures reconciliation of client and participant accounts, as well as the reconciliation of all related ThrivePass bank accounts
- Maintains process documentation for all key operational finance functions
- Manages stale check procedures and compliance with unclaimed property regulations
- Assists with client implementations
- Other projects and duties as requested by management
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proven success in developing and improving processes as they relate to Third Party Administrator banking operations
- Technical knowledge of Third Party Administration regulatory requirements
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularlyExcel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Prior experience working with accounting systems (QuickbooksOnline, preferred)
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines as well as strong attention to detail and ability to see the big picture and direct projects
ThrivePass does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role is $45,000 - $55,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.